Monday, March 12, 2007
A word of thanks to Wisconsin lawmakers, Republicans and Democrats alike, for banning the human chip....thank goodness someone was paying attention!
It is useful to call the Wisconsin representatives and thank them. It lets them know we are supportive of their views on this, and like matters of privacy, and that we are paying attention.
Lee Nerison(608) 266-3534 or(888) 534-0096
Senator Dan Kapanke (608) 266-5490 (800) 385-3385
Wisconsin Bans Forced Human RFID Chipping
By Liz McIntyre & Katherine Albrecht
"Our lives begin to end, the day we become silent about things that matter."
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
A very good analysis and talking points for us about the Orwellian logic of the Democrats and Republicans when the lawmakers are telling us more money, more "troops" will create more "stability" for Iraq.
It seems so obvious once one sees it in print, so why don't the folks in DC get it? What will help them to understand? How many more deaths, how much more destruction before it comes to an end, which of course it will without a military solution...what can We the People do? One possibility:
RALLY ON MONDAY, MARCH 19
The fourth anniversary of the invasion of iraq by Bush and Co.
Time: 4 PM
Place: Exchange building on 5th and Jay Sts. in La Crosse.
PURPOSE: To protest the continued war in iraq.
"No More Money for War with Iraq" TROOPS HOME NOW!
Bring signs that reflect these themes.
Keep informed and keep calling DC !
Thank you Buzz Davis for the insights and article.
Van Auken writes a good article will bring up many thoughts. Here are mine.
1. To allow Mr. Bush to certify progress in Iraq, is like allowing the wolf to guard the hen house and then certify that he has not eaten any chickens lately. Only fools would agree to such B.S.
2. Does anyone hear any echoes of Gen. Westmoreland in the comments of Gen. David Petraeus. "Gimme gimme gimme more more men! And happy days are ahead!"
3. They chose Petraeus because he wrote how we messed it up and how we might just win if we "Take, Hold and Build" the neighborhoods. No way can this be done with a county of 25 million when we have 140,000 troops to do that job. The terrorists will float out of where ever we put troops in. They will go to where the troops are not. Then when the troops have to go find the terrorists in their new locations. The terrorists will leave the new locations, and go back and blow up what the Americans built in the old locations. All they have to do is fight near or in what the Americans just built and the Americans will then blow up what they just built to kill the terrorists. The Vietcong were great at this. George Washington used the same fad and fight somewhere else tactics in the Rev. War. That is why the British hated him so much.
4. So Bush canned the previous Iraq general just so people could now say, "Oh, we have to give Gen. Petraeus a chance!" Again, only fools give people changes for ever. But the Dems leadership is showing they are fools in how they are handling the supplemental surge request. So the administration is using this "let's switch generals" game and the Dem leadership is buying it.
5. Murtha is being played for a fool by Ms. Pelosi and Mr. Obey. Hopefully he will get angry. The nation and liberals and progressives are being played for fools by Pelosi and Obey. Hopefully we will get angry.
6. Afghanistan is a worse mess than Iraq. They have been bled by us and the Russians and the Taliban since 1980. We (CIA) spent billions funding the Taliban and other war lords to kill Russians during the 1980's. Our money and Saudi money was used for 10 years to have the Afghans kill Russians to pay back the Russians for the money and aid they gave the North Vietnamese to bleed Americans in Vietnam.
This CIA and Saudi effort and the resulting Russian losses (once we gave the Afghans weapons to shoot down Russian helicopters) and the Russian people's disgust with all the deaths and maiming of their kids was in part what lead to the breaking up of the USSR.
7. And now Pelosi and Obey want us to bring peace Afghanistan by killing more people. Did anyone ever hear the song "When will they ever learn, when will they ever learn."
8. The only way out of this puzzle is to force the House to start impeachment investigations against Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney. This will focus the administration's thought processes on saving themselves. Many administration rats will leave the sinking ship. The Republican godfathers will do the "Goldwater visit" to Bush and Cheney and say it is time to go. (Goldwater lead the team to tell Nixon it was time to go.)
They will resign and appoint a new VP who will become President and he/she will appoint a new VP and whala we have the new Republican team for 2008. Does anyone remember the Nixon Ford team and then the Ford Rockefeller team? You bet millions do and that is how it is done in Washington when the big boys are going to get impeached. The boys in power will eliminate any of their leaders, as necessary, to stay in power.
Thus impeachment is the only way to go.
9. Thank goodness for Thomas Jefferson and his ability to write. One of the 6 or 7 state legislatures now consider joint impeachment resolutions may pass such a resolution. Then the Congress will have to do something with it. Pelosi may not be able to control what happens. The Congress may vote to initiate impeachment investigations and the nation may be saved from itself. We can hope.
10. Back to WI. Stoughton is the only WI community to have both troops home and impeachment referendums on the ballot April 3rd. We have 5,800 flyers we need to deliver door to door starting this Monday afternoon.
Who will stand up to help us?? Call 608-239-5354 my cell # to leave a message on what day you can help. It will take us two or three days to cover the city. Will be fun, good exercise and you can work out some of your anger about our broken political system.
11. On Wed., Mar. 14th come and listen to Garvey and Nichols speak to "Out of Iraq and Impeach for Peace" town meeting #2 in Stoughton at the high school, 600 Lincoln. Starts at 6:45 PM and will probably break up about 4 in the morning.
We need a big turn out. We'll have a good discussion and we promise that absolutely no JOKES will be told and not one person will belly laugh!!!!
12. Lastly, we need money like another $1,000 to fund our Stoughton GOTV effort. How about donating some dollars toward helping politicians winch on election night when we find out Stoughton votes for both OUT OF IRAQ and IMPEACHMENT on the same night!
Please make a check out to WI Impeachment/Bring Our Troops Home Referendum Group, %Buzz Davis, 1021 Riverview Dr., Stoughton, WI 53589. Our bank account can handle checks of ALL sizes!!!!
In 1990 a high school art teacher in Michigan helped his students solve a problem. They were searching for a way to raise funds to support a food drive. What evolved was a class project to make ceramic bowls for a fund raising meal. Guests were served a simple meal of soup and bread, and were invited to keep the bowl as a reminder of hunger in the world. By the following year the originators had developed this concept into Empty Bowls, a project to provide support for food banks, soup kitchens, and other organizations that fight hunger. The Imagine /RENDER Group, a 501(c) 3 organization, was created to promote the project. The Imagine/Render Group is a 501 c3 not-profit organization striving to create positive and lasting social change through the arts, education and projects that build community. Since then Empty Bowls events have been held throughout the world, and millions of dollars have been raised to combat hunger. It has proven itself to be a remarkable tool for advocacy and fundraising, engaging tens of thousands of people across the United States and beyond. Viroqua will be hosting an Empty Bowl Project October 20th, within the same week as World Food day.
If you are interested in helping or being a part of our efforts to sponsor this event within our community come March 21st at 7:00pm to room 116 of WWTC There will be an open meeting to discuss the development and details of this project. The making of clay bowls is infectious by nature and to share a meal is a positive social interaction, but it will take the help of many volunteers to make this an easy and successful event. Come March 21st to WWTC room 116 at 7:00pm for details and further history of one of the nation’s fastest growing tools to help fight world hunger.
If you are interested in helping, but unable to attend the meeting call 608-637-6701 for details on how you can get involved.
You may have read in today's New York Times that we are issuing a major report about the systematic exploitation of immigrants who come to the United States legally as temporary "guestworkers."
Called Close to Slavery: Guestworker Programs in the United States, our report chronicles the way guestworkers are routinely cheated out of wages; forced to mortgage their futures to obtain low-wage, temporary jobs; virtually enslaved by employers who seize their documents; forced to live in squalid conditions; and denied medical benefits for injuries.
This is not what America's all about — and we must put an end to it.
With your help, we've been pressuring the Bush administration to stop the abuses, and we've forced major corporations to pay back wages to cheated workers and reform their practices. But there is still much work to be done.
Congress now has the opportunity to right this terrible wrong. As lawmakers debate immigration reform in the coming weeks, the danger is that they will expand the shameful guestworker system. We're working to ensure that it is either eliminated or radically overhauled to make it a fair program with strong, vigorously enforced worker protections.
Your support has been crucial to our efforts to inform the country of this moral outrage. The abuse of temporary foreign workers in America today is one of the major civil rights issues of our time. For too long, we've reaped the economic benefits of their labor but have ignored the incredible degree of abuse and exploitation they endure.
With your help, we will keep up our efforts. Please take a moment to read the executive summary of our new report, and when you're through, please forward this email to someone. We're counting on you to help us bring awareness of the problem to those in your community.
As a nation, we must address the many problems in our broken immigration system, but we cannot condone a program that systematically abuses and enslaves poor workers from other countries who are lured here by false promises.
On behalf of all those we serve, thank you for your important support of our work for justice.
Anyone given the opportunity of raising a teenager knows what a challenging experience that can be. While surging hormones are certainly a factor, understanding your teen’s personality can be a real help. The Enneagram is an ancient psychological personality typing tool that can assist in navigating this process. Knowing your teen's personality type can provide valuable information in understanding where they are coming from in their behavior – and, perhaps more importantly, why you react the way you do.
What might seem irrational to you can make perfect sense to your teen, according to their personality, based upon their internal map. If you want to develop your empathy and compassion toward your teen during these difficult years, this workshop is for you!
Enneagram presenters are David Banner Ph.D. & Eric Wheeler
Counselor Mark L. Taylor MA LPC will present “Five Essential Basics Every Parent Needs to Know About Adolescent Development.”
April 14th, 2007, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
(April 29th, 3 snow date)
COST: Individual: $82 (includes lunch & book)
Couple: $137 (includes lunch and one copy of book)
Register with a friend: $151 (includes lunch & 2 copies of book)
Location: RoundRiver Institute
To Register Call: (608) 483-2730
Come join David K. Banner, PhD
Discovering Your Life Purpose
A seminar with Dr. David Banner, life purpose consultant, healer and Professor of Leadership at Viterbo University, La Crosse.
When: Sunday, April 14, 2007 (Snow date: April 25th)
Where: Round River Institute, Romance, WI (call Mark Taylor for directions and registration-483-2730)
Cost: $86(light lunch included)
What to bring: Food to share for snacks, blanket, eye pillow, pillow, mat (if desired)…we will be doing some work on the floor.
What I supply: notebooks, pencils/pens, flip chart paper, “magic markers”, etc.
To register: $25 (non-refundable after March 1st) will hold your place; maximum enrollment is 20 people
(1) gain a clear sense of your LIFE PURPOSE and create a purpose statement that empowers you ;
(2) create a vision of the life you truly want to manifest;
(3) gain clarity about the core values that underlie your purpose and your vision;
(4) discover hidden blocks or self-limiting beliefs that hold you back from being your full Self in expression;
(5) create an action plan that has goals and activities in support of your purpose; and
(6) set up a support network to assist you in honoring your highest purpose and doing what you came to do.
This workshop will be highly experiential, exploratory and FUN! Through right-left brain exercises, journaling, processes and artwork, I will help to access the part of yourself that KNOWS what purpose is for you. I will assist you in identifying that purpose, committing to expressing it in your life, and in gaining support for implementing actions in congruency with that purpose.